Arkhipov, Alexey V. (1959–)
Alexey Arkhipov is a Ukrainian radio astronomer and astrophysicist who has been prominent in
the field of SETA (Search for Extraterrestrial
Artifacts). Arkhipov is particularly interested in the possibility of alien
artifacts on the Moon and on Earth. Abstracts of two of his recent research
activities provide some insight into his work:
Project SAAM (Search for Alien Artifacts on the Moon) was developed
by the author in 1992. The justifications of Lunar SETI, the wording of
specific principles of lunar archaeology and the search for promising
areas on the Moon were the first stage of the project (1992-95). Already
obtained results of lunar exploration show that the search for alien artifacts
on the Moon is a promising SET I-strategy especially in context of the
lunar colonization plans. The purpose of the second SAAM stage is the
search for promising objects on the Moon for archaeological reconnaissance
in the future. Computer algorithms are proposed and realized for automatic
search for unusual formations on Clementine's HIRES images.
Arkhipov was born in Kharkov, East Ukraine. His has a M.S. in astronomy
(Kharkov State University 1981) and a Ph.D. in astrophysics and radio astronomy
(Main Astronomical Observatory of Nat. Acad. Sci. of Ukraine, Kyiv, 1998).
His dissertation was titled "New approaches to the problem of search for
extra-terrestrial intelligence". Arkhipov's professional experience includes
following SETI-related positions: Engineer, Scientific Researcher, Institute
Radiophysics and Electronics, Acad. Sci. Ukrainian SSR (1980-84); Radio
Astronomy, Nat. Ukraine (1984-). In addition to SETI, he has studied decametric
emissions from Jupiter. Arkhipov is a member
Society Planetary Research (SPSR) SETI Center, Moscow, and the SETI
League's volunteer coordinator for Ukraine.
The author has shown that finds of extraterrestrial artifacts are possible
on the Earth, even if visits of extraterrestrials to the Earth were not
realized. Even without interstellar flights, the spontaneous leakage of
interplanetary debris into the interstellar medium is inevitable (by e.g.
gravitational interaction with the planets). That is why I am collecting
information about promising finds in prehuman layers and among pseudometeorites.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Search for artificial cosmic radio emission," in Bioastronomy. The Next Steps, pp. 337-342. Dordrecht: Kluwer
Academic Publishers (1988).
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Alternative search for artificial cosmic radio emission,"
40th Congress of the International Astronautical Federation, October
7-12, 1989, Malaga, Spain. Paper IAA-89-649. Paris: IAF (1989).
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Radio search for alien space probes," in Bioastronomy.
The Search for Extraterrestrial Life: The Exploration Broadens,
pp. 244-246. Berlin: Springer-Verlag (1991).
- Litvinenko, L. N., and Arkhipov, A. V. "Bioastronomy in the Ukraine."
Third Decennial US-USSR Conference on SETI. Santa Cruz, California,
August 5-9, 1991. San Francisco: ASP (1993), pp.19-24.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "On the importance of nonclassical SETI," The Observatory, 113(1117), 306-307, 1993.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Archeological elements of lunar exploration," Solar
System Research, 28(4-5), pp. 467-469, 1994.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "A Search for Alien Artifacts on the Moon," in Progress
in the Search for Extraterrestrial Life, ASP Conference Series,
Vol. 74, 1995. G. Seth Shostak (ed.), pp. 259-264.
- Arkhipov, A. V., and Graham F. G. "Lunar SETI: a justification," in The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) in the Optical
Spectrum II, ed. S. A. Kingsley & G. A. Lemarchand, SPIE Proceedings, 2704, Washington: SPIE, 150-154, 1996. d
- Arkhipov, A. V. "On the possibility of extraterrestrial-artefact finds
on the Earth," The Observatory, 116(1132), 175-176, 1996.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "New arguments for panspermia," The Observatory, 116(1135), 396-397, 1996.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Extraterrestrial technogenic component of the meteoroid
flux," Astrophysics and Space Science, 252(1), 67-71,
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Earth-Moon system as a collector of alien artefacts," J. Brit. Interplan. Soc., 51(5), 181-184, 1998.
- Arkhipov, A. V. "Astroinfect Effect: revised model," J. Brit. Interplan.
Soc., 52(1), 37-40, 1999.