Asiago Astrophysical Observatory
The main observatory facility of the Department of Astronomy at the University of Padua and of the Observatory of Padua. It is located in the foothills of the Alps, 90 km (60 miles) to the north of Padua in northern Italy. The original instrument is a 1.22-meter (48-inch) reflector, inaugurated in 1942. Two Schmidt cameras have been removed to a higher site, Cima Ekar, 12 km (7 miles) to the east. This is also the location of the 1.82-meter (72-inch)Copernicus Reflector inaugurated in 1973, which is the largest telescope in Italy.
Related category• OBSERVATORIES AND TELESCOPES
Home • About • Copyright © The Worlds of David Darling • Encyclopedia of Alternative Energy • Contact