- A point of minimum displacement (zero amplitude) on a standing
wave, such as the stationary points on a vibrating string. See also
AND WAVE PHENOMENA
- Either of the points on the celestial
sphere at which the plane of an orbit intersects a reference plane.
The position of a node is one of the standard orbital
elements used to specify the orientation of an orbit. An antinode
lies 90° of orbital longitude away from its corresponding node. See
ascending node and descending
- In anatomy, a thickening or enlargement of an organ
or tissue, such as a lymph
node or the sinoatrial node
in the heart.
- In botany, the position on the stem
of a plant from which a leaf or leaves
- In analytical geometry, a point of intersection of two or more parts
of a single curve.
- In information processing and telescommunications, a junction or connection
point in a network, e.g., a terminal
or a computer.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, AND CYBERNETICS